Search This Blog

November 30, 2014

Bossy Stella Says Sketch!

It's Sunday, the "every-other" kind at Catch the Bug, and time for another
Stella Says Sketch Challenge
#220


Click Image to Enlarge

For my card today, I've used the Bugaboo Stamps image called Sick Girl. I think it's never a bad idea to keep a few 'get well' cards handy, especially moving into the cold months of winter! I wasn't sure what I thought of this image when I first saw it, but I really wanted to bring it to life, and practiced a lot of my PSE techniques for shadows when I colored her in.
One thing about coloring digitally that is a challenge for me, always, is that I lose some luminosity when I print. My printer is a photo printer, but it just doesn't handle the subtle shades nearly as well as I'd like. Here's what this image looks like on a screen:

Click Image to Enlarge


We'd love to have you play along with the challenge, and hope that this sketch provides you the inspiration you need!

That's it from me today! Thanks for stopping by.........please stay a while longer, and browse! :0) If you like what I do, why not consider following me? ========== > >

Now it's your turn to make the sketch shine! Whip up your project and head on over to enter it into the Mr. Linky!
By entering your project, you could 
WIN up to TEN Bugaboo images!
Head on over to Catch the Bug to play along!

Pick up this cute Bugaboo image, and others, over at the Bugaboo Stamps Store, and make sure you also jump over to the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog: it's where you can find out all the lastest "dish" on what challenges are happening and what other challenge sites that Bugaboo is sponsoring (more chances to win some free Bugaboo!). It's also where you can check out all the other fantastic DT projects, including the OBG (Oldie But Goodie) stuff, the ABC (Anything But a Card) items, and the Tuesday New Releases......plus so much more!

One more thing, I am now assisting the DT Coordinator with some of the more routine things at Catch the Bug Blog to fill in some time for our wonderful Ms. Min, who is expecting Baby #1, and is happily preparing for the arrival! I'm helping out with some posting duties, and I'm also helping out by choosing a Bugaboo Stamps Fan of the Month! So......if you're a fan of Bugaboo Stamps (and who isn't, right?!), make sure you're posting your Bugaboo cards on your blog because I'm poking around Blog-land looking for YOU! :)

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. I got bit by that cold bug that's been going around, so I smiled when I saw your post! That image is super cute and I love your coloring with PSE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on that sketch, Cheryl ! My nose feels just like hers right now -- all sniffles and sneezes. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take with the sketch, Cheryl. The tissue box is a great accent !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think it printed out perfectly. And your sentiment is ADORABLE! Wonderful little red nose too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very seasonal, lol. Great card and thanks for joining the Scribble and Scrap challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card, coloured beautifully. I love the tissue coming out of the box.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us this week at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete

I read and enjoy every one of your comments! Thank you so much!